Smoking prohibition

How do I complain about smoking in public places?

Smoke free premises

If they are totally or substantially enclosed, smoking is not allowed in all

  • business premises;
  • public places;
  • common parts of multi-occupied premises.

There are certain exemptions to premises where people both live and work, for example, prisons, residential homes and hospices.

All these premises must display the appropriate signage.

Smoke free vehicles

Smoking is also not allowed in all

  • buses;
  • trains;
  • taxis and private hire vehicles;
  • vehicles used at a workplace by more than one person.

All these vehicles must display the appropriate signage.

To make a complaint in relation to smoking in public places

Contact the health and safety duty officer by:

Email: health.safety@eastriding.gov.uk

Telephone: (01482) 396096

or contact the smoke free compliance line on (0800) 5871667.

Top of page

Rate this page
Satisfied with the content on this page or is there room for improvement? Leave a rating.