Help us build a better website...

Test our new website


How to contact the council

How can I contact the council?

You may need to contact the council to request a service, provide us with information, or to get some help and advice. We provide a number of ways that you can do this to suit your needs and preferences, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Please choose from one of the following methods:


Got a specific question?

You can send an enquiry online (opens in new window)to our customer services team who will forward it onto the relevant department. Please include as much details as possible to help them direct your enquiry.

Send us your comments, compliments or complaints

Read more about how you can contact us through our formal feedback system.

Website problems

Please read more about how to give feedback and report problems with the website.


You can telephone the customer service network on (01482) 393939, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for general help, enquiries and information on all council services.

Frequently used telephone numbers:
Service Contact details
Adult care services (01482) 393939
Archives, museums and local history (01482) 392790
Benefits (01482) 394799
Bins, rubbish and recycling (01482) 393939
Births, deaths and marriages (01482) 393600
Building control (01482) 393800
Car parking (01482) 395411
Childrens social care enquiries (01482) 395500
Council tax (01482) 394747
Consumer Direct (trading standards) (03454) 040506
Domestic violence confidential helpline (01482) 396330
Electoral services (01482) 393313
FISH - Families Information Service Hub (01482) 396469
Home to school transport (01482) 392125
Housing and environmental health (including dog wardens, noise, pests, licensing, food services) (01482) 396301
Jobs, careers Recruit EastRiding (external East Riding website)
Libraries (01482) 392702
Planning (01482) 393792
Road and footpath, safety and maintenance (0845) 600 1666
School admissions (01482) 392131
Street lighting (01482) 395740
Travel passes (01482) 395531

If you are unsure which service you require, please contact the customer service network on (01482) 393939.


Send an email to us at

In person

At one of our Customer Service Centres.

In writing

East Riding of Yorkshire Council
County Hall
East Riding of Yorkshire
HU17 9BA

Top of page

Where are the council offices located?

Our main offices are located in Beverley, Bridlington, Goole, Pocklington and Skirlaugh. You can find details of your nearest council office using the council office finder:

Find your nearest council office

Our offices are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm, and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.

Please note: not all council offices are open to the public and they shouldn't all be mistaken for customer service centres. 

To find details of your nearest customer service centre use the customer service centre finder: 

Find your nearest customer service centre

Top of page

How do I report an issue with the website?

If you would like to report an issue with the website, can't find what you are looking for, or can suggest ways we can improve it, please read more about problems with the website.

If you need any assistance in using our website, please visit our accessibility and help section. Top of page

Can I ask the leader of the council a question?

If you have an idea on how things could be done better - or if you want to express your view on one of the major issues of the day please contact our leader of the council, Councillor Stephen Parnaby OBE.

You can 'Ask the Leader' a question online (opens in new window).

Top of page

What services are available in my local area?

To find council services in your local area please visit MyEastriding our postcode search facility.

Top of page

Rate this page
Satisfied with the content on this page or is there room for improvement? Leave a rating.