Help us build a better website...

Test our new website


Home improvement grants

Can I get a grant to improve my home?

Due to reductions in government funding we are no longer able to offer housing assistance grants or housing assistance loans to help residents improve their homes.

We do however, have a limited amount of funding for Disabled Facilities Grants to provide adaptations to properties to remove physical barriers that make it difficult for you to carry out ordinary day to day activities in your home.  Before you can apply for a disabled facilities grant, you must first be assessed by an occupational therapist (OT) who will visit you to determine what you need to help you to live at home.  If you need a major adaptation you will be referred to the home improvement and assistance team to apply for a disabled facilities grant. 

The assessment by an occupational therapist can be arranged by visiting any customer service centre or

Telephone: (01482) 393939

Top of page

Rate this page
Satisfied with the content on this page or is there room for improvement? Leave a rating.