There may be a reason for your bin not being emptied. Before reporting it as a missed collection, please check that your bin:
- was presented for collection at 7am;
- had the lid fully closed;
- did not contain waste not permitted in that collection;
- was not too heavy for collection;
- was accessible by the crews if you receive an assisted collection.
Please be aware collections are carried out until approximately 4.00pm.
If unsure of your collection day, please check the online bin collection calendar (opens in new window)before reporting a missed collection.
Report a missed bin online (opens in new window) giving details of the problem and we will endeavour to collect your bin within 48 hours.
Any missed collections reported after 12 noon on a Thursday, may not be collected until Monday.
Top of page
We will leave a tag on your blue or brown bin if there is waste found inside that is not accepted in that bin collection service. The tag will be marked to show which waste needs to be removed and once the contaminated waste is taken out, the bin will be emptied on your next scheduled collection.
Top of page