[Skip to content]

East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Supporting documents for householder planning applications

For 'Householder' applications (extensions and home alterations) it should not normally be necessary to provide supporting documents, unless any of the special circumstances below apply.

The council has prepared a the following guide which should be consulted if you believe any do apply:

Planning Application Requirements and Validation Checklist (pdf 2mb opens in new window)


Biodiversity Survey  and Report – (Item G in validation checklist)

This is only likely to be necessary for a householder application if it is known that there are any protected species present on site.  This could occur if the extension is to be built over a pond that is used by Great Crested Newts, or if the proposal requires work to a roof that is the home of bats or barn owls.


Flood Risk Assessment – (Item H in validation checklist)

If the extension is in a Flood Risk area, you should provide a brief Flood Risk assessment as outlined in checklist, but if this is not provided our validation staff will assist you by providing a simple matrix for you to complete to ensure that standing advice from the Environment Agency is followed. 


Heritage Statement – (Item J in validation checklist)

This will only be required for a listed building (and should be the same as that submitted with the application for listed building consent).


Tree Survey and Assessment – (Item R in validation checklist)

A tree survey will be required if the proposed extension will be within 15 metres of a tree with a diameter of 75mm or above measured at 1.5m above ground level.  If the alterations do not require any below ground work (eg if the proposal is only for adding dormer windows) then simply show the tree(s) on the plan and indicate why the tree(s) will not be affected by the work.

Top of page