When looking to place new salt bins, we review a number of factors including the:
- severity of any bend
- level of any additional risk, such as ditches, junctions, surface water, uneven surfaces
- approximate traffic flows
- approximate pedestrian volume
- proximity to a school or public bus route
- available space for the bin
- location on an existing treatment route
- proximity to nearby bins
- slope of the road.
We will also consider any additional factors, such as location of doctors, emergency services, hospitals, schools, designated elderly persons residences, churches.