Car and coach parks

Where can I find car parks in the East Riding?

You can find all car parks in the East Riding by using our Car Parking Finder tool. Here you can view available car parks on a map, view a list of car parks and search by keywords (for example a location like Hornsea or Beverley), or view the closest car parks to a specific postcode: 

View and search for car parks

You can also  view car park charges for each car park.

Top of page

Where can I find coach parks in the East Riding?

You can find all designated coach parks in the East Riding in the table below.

Beverley coach park

School Lane off New Walkergate
(town centre)

HU17 9AW

£5.50 half a day (4 hours), £9.00 all day.
The capacity is 7 coaches
Bridlington coach park

Hilderthorpe Road

YO15 3HA

Summer charges - Coaches & HGV's £10.00 per day, £6.00 per ½ day
Winter charges Coaches & HGV's £7.50 per day, £4.50 per ½ day
Capacity - 70 coaches/HGVs/Motorhomes.
Bridlington coach park South Landing near Flamborough
YO15 1NJ
Coaches £7.50 per day
Bridlington coach park Flamborough Head
YO15 1AR
Coaches £7.50 per day
Locations of designated coach parks in the East Riding

Top of page

What are the restrictions for motorcycles in council car parks?

There are no time restrictions when a motorcycle is parked within a marked out motorcycle bay in both the free and pay and display car parks. Also charges do not apply within these designated bays.

If however, a motorcycle is parked in a normal parking space then any time restrictions or charges apply as per a normal vehicle. Below is a list of car parks where the above rules apply:

Free Car Parks

  • Wilson Street, Anlaby
  • King Street, Cottingham
  • Market Green, Cottingham
  • Willerby Square, Willerby

Pay & Display Car Parks

  • Butcher Row, Beverley
  • Saturday Market, Beverley
  • Grayburn Lane, Beverley
  • North Street, Bridlington
  • Leisure World, Bridlington - When opens May/June 2016
  • Langdale Wharf, Bridlington
  • Leisure Centre, Hornsea
  • Cross Hill, Driffield
  • Wesley Square, Goole
  • Railway Station (front), Pocklington

Top of page

Can I purchase a permit for car parks?

Yes, the council offers a limited number of permits that can be used in its long stay car parks and long stay on street paid parking zones.

If you have already registered for MiPermit, you can renew and pay for your car park online using the new MiPermit virtual (paperless) permit system. 

If you haven't already registered you'll need to register first following the steps below:

  • Go to the MiPermit website using the link below:  
Register with MiPermit (external website)

  • Click the 'Register/Login' link at the top of the screen 
  • Under 'Register for Free' then 'Select a Portal' make sure 'MiPermit Global Portal' is selected on the drop down menu. 
  • Click the 'Register Now' button 
  • Click on the 'Virtual Permits' link (you may have to scroll down the page) 
  • Click on the 'East Riding of Yorkshire Council' link (you may have to scroll down the page) 
  • Click on the 'Season Tickets' link
  • Click on the 'Permit Type' drop down box (you may select the permit required) 
  • Scroll down the page and select the duration required
  • Check the start date is correct
  • Input the required Vehicle registration number (Check it is correct)
  • Follow the onscreen prompts to register and buy or renew a permit 

If you've already registered you can just go to the MiPermit website using the link above and log in to buy or renew your car park permit.

If you have any questions or need any help with the MiPermit website please telephone the virtual permit helpline on 0345 520 7007.

These calls cost the same as a national rate call and when called from a mobile phone will be included in your minutes package (if applicable).

Alternatively,A breakdown of the current prices for these permits is available on the application form below:

Long stay permit application form (pdf 177kb opens in new window)

To begin the application process you must first fill out the form above, once this form has been completed you may send the application form along with a cheque for the appropriate fee (made payable to 'East Riding of Yorkshire Council') to:

PO Box 299
HU17 6FH

To purchase a parking permit for a CPZ zone visit the Controlled parking zones page.

Top of page

How can I apply for a disabled parking permit (Blue Badge)?

Information on how to apply for a disabled parking permit, or Blue Badge, is available on the disabled parking permit (Blue Badge) page.

Top of page

Is parking free for disabled drivers, and drivers with disabled passengers, in East Riding car parks?

Blue badge holdersmay park in on-street car parks without paying and displaying.

Please note: pay and display tickets must be obtained when parking in any off street East Riding of Yorkshire Council car parks.
For information on which car parks have disabled parking bays please refer to our view car parks by location and their charges.

Top of page

Can I report a defect/fault within a car park?

Yes, please report a car park defect online (opens in new window).

  Top of page

Rate this page
Satisfied with the content on this page or is there room for improvement? Leave a rating.