Car parking fines

How and where can I pay a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice)?

You can pay your parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice) by any of the following methods:


Pay your parking penalty charge by using our online payment service:

Pay/view my Penalty Charge Notice online (external East Riding website)


Parking fines can be paid via the telephone 24/7 by calling (0300) 330 1515. Please have your debit or credit card ready.

In person

A number of our customer service centres have the facilities to accept payment of penalty charge notices with some offering the option to pay by cash. View the customer service centre - finder map pagefor details on what facilities are available at each centre.

Please note: before attempting to make payment by the above methods please wait 2 working days after you received the PCN to allow the council’s computer systems to be updated.

For more information on PCN parking fines see the Civil Parking Enforcement page. Please do not post cash.


Cheques/postal orders should be made payable to 'East Riding of Yorkshire Council', and posted to:

East Riding of Yorkshire Council CPE
PO Box 294
HU17 6FB

Please write your penalty charge notice reference number and address on the back of your cheque or postal order. If a receipt is required a stamped addressed envelope must be enclosed. Post dated cheques will not be accepted.
Please allow at least three working days for your payment to transit the Royal Mail Postal Service.

Please note: cash must not be sent through the post.

Top of Page

How do I appeal against a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice)?

All appeals in relation to Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) must be received by post or through the official online website:

Online challenge

Challenge your Penalty Charge Notice by using our online website:

Challenge PCN Online (external East Riding website)


All representations in relation to Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) must be received by post as stated on the Notice to Owner.


East Riding of Yorkshire Council CPE
PO Box 294
HU17 6FB

Please note: It is important to state your vehicle registration number or PCN number (beginning YE) and clearly outline your reasons why you feel your appeal should be upheld, including any evidence that you feel substantiates your appeal (such as a pay and display ticket).

Please note the council only deals with PCNs issued in our car parks (finder map). PCN tickets issued by private companies and the Police must be dealt with via the relevant organisations.


What is the full appeals process?

Please see the PDF document below outlining the full appeals process:

Parking charge notice (PCN) appeals notice (pdf 18kb opens in new window)

Further information is available on the PATROL website:

PATROL (external website)

Top of page

Can I challenge the serving of a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)?

Yes. You can challenge the serving of the PCN by one of two methods:

  1. Before a 'notice to owner' is served on you, you can 'challenge' the serving of a penalty charge notice. Read more about 'challenges'.

  2. You can make a ‘representation’ against the penalty charge notice once you have been served with a 'notice to owner' from the council. Read more about 'representations'.

Top of Page

Rate this page
Satisfied with the content on this page or is there room for improvement? Leave a rating.