The List of Streets does not show:
- All the streets in the East Riding of Yorkshire – the List of Streets only indicates highways that are maintainable at public expense and does not include streets that are privately maintained.
- What type of highway the street is – the List of Streets includes footpaths, alleys and passages. The presence of a street on our records does not necessarily mean it can be driven or ridden down.
- Who owns the land – highways can run over private land.
- Private access rights – the records show which highways can be used by the public, they do not show private rights of access.
- How wide the street is or where the highway boundary is – the widths on the map are only indicative of the highway extent. We don't typically hold detailed information on highway extents or the exact location of the highway boundary and we don't currently provide a service to research these issues. However, if you require assistance relating to a highway boundary issue, we offer a 'meet on site service' and will take the best view inline with known practice. Get in touch to arrange an appointment.
- Private streets maintained by the council – the maps do not show streets that the council maintains that are not highway. For example some access roads to Council depots and within school boundaries.
How to view the 'list of streets'
To make it easy for you to view the List of Streets, we have digital versions of both sets of maps at our Beverley customer service centre. This information has been prepared from paper maps and is correct to the best of our knowledge.
If you would like to see the actual physical maps, please get in touch to arrange a viewing.
Please note: unfortunately we can't make these maps available online as they are an evolving record and any copy downloaded could quickly get out of date.
Tel: (01482) 395739