Help us build a better website...

Test our new website


Housing advice

People in a home

This section contains advice and information on the options available for renting a home, whether it be from a private landlord, the council or a housing association.

Further information is available for homeless people, and home owners who are having trouble paying their mortgage.

In this section...

Items in this section

A house

Renting a council house from the council

How to apply for a council home, how long you may have to wait, help with your rent, renewing your application for housing and how to get medical priority.

Items in this section

Row of houses

Renting from a private landlord

Information about assured shorthold tenancies, what a bond is, finding a property to rent through LetsHelpYou - East Riding, what is an accredited home and can you get housing benefit.

Items in this section

A house

Renting from a housing association

What is a housing association, how to apply, help with your rent and renting extra care sheltered housing. 

Items in this section

A man

Help for homeless people

Information on where to get help, making a homeless application, what to do if you get kicked out, eviction from HM Armed Forces family accommodation, can you choose where to get rehoused and can you get temporary accommodation.

Items in this section

Two women

Help for home owners

What to do if your having problems paying your mortgage, what the mortgage rescue scheme is and what to do if your home is being repossessed.

You may have been looking for...

Rate this page
Satisfied with the content on this page or is there room for improvement? Leave a rating.