Private housing residents

Victorian terraced housing

The council's aim is to encourage high standards of accommodation, repair and management in the private housing sector through a combination of advice and where appropriate enforcing housing legislation.

In this section...

Items in this section

Mobile phones and pen

Advice for tenants

Dealing with problems with disrepair, been harassed or evicted, advice about your tenancy, gas safety and flooding.

Items in this section

Efficiency symbol

Energy efficiency

Information about where to get advice to keep your house warm, saving money on fuel bills, struggling to pay fuel bills, eligibility for winter fuel or cold weather payments, energy efficiency grants that are available, calculating your carbon footprint, what an energy performance certificate is and finding an accredited person to undertake a certificate.

Items in this section

Empty room

Empty homes

Information about what the council is doing to reduce empty homes, why they are a problem, what can be a done if a person leave a property empty, reporting an empty property, finding a tenant, contacting the owner of an empty property and how to report an unsecure building open to public access.

You may have been looking for...

Save money and energy

Empty properties

Rate this page
Satisfied with the content on this page or is there room for improvement? Leave a rating.