Residential care homes

Where can I find information about care homes in the East Riding?

You can search for a care home online, or read our printable brochure:


Search by postcode or map to find to find care homes in your area:

Find a care home in the East Riding

Printable care home brochure (22 colour pages)

Our printable care directory provides comprehensive information about care homes in the East Riding and how to choose one that is right for you: 

Care directory (pdf 3mb opens in new window)

Advertising opportunities

Read about how to advertise your businessin the care directory. 

Top of page

How do I choose a care home?

Different care homes specialise in providing care for people with different needs. The main factor to consider is whether the care home you are considering can meet your needs.

You may also want to consider:

  • location of the home
  • size of the home
  • activities the home provides

Information on choosing a home is available in the council’s care directory brochure below. The section 'Going into care' on page 7 gives advice on choosing a care home:

Care directory (pdf 3mb opens in new window)

Top of page

How can I view Care Quality Commission (CQC) reports for each care home? 

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) makes sure hospitals, care homes, dental and GP surgeries, and all other care services in England provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care, and they encourage them to make improvements.

Information and reports on each care home are available on the care quality commission (CQC) website:

Care Quality Commission (external website)

or on our Care Home finder:

Find a care home in the East Riding 

Top of page

Will I have to pay for care home services?

Care homes do charge for the care they provide. Please see the paying for services page for charges.

If you have been assessed by the council and need care home services and you need financial support, we will undertake a financial assessment measuring your ability to contribute towards the cost of services. Almost everyone has to contribute something towards the cost of their care. Details are provided in the following pdf document.

Financial Information - paying care home charges (pdf 378kb opens in new window)

The following websites provide help and information about paying for care home services:

Department of Health - charging for residential accommodation (external website)

Care quality commission (CQC) - paying for social care (external website)

Top of page


Do care homes offer short breaks?

Most care homes do offer a short break facility (or respite). However, this depends on what room they have available at any given time. This should be discussed when arranging suitability with the chosen care home.

Top of page


What if I have a complaint or concern about a residential home?

All residential homes are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). You can raise a concern or complaint with the CQC. Further information can be found on their website:

Care quality commission - complain about a service or provider (external website)
Top of page

What alternatives to residential care are available?

Residential care might not meet your needs. Please see care in your own home for information on services that will help you to remain independent whilst living in your own home. If you are being supported at home by a carer, there is a range of support for carersthat may assist you to remain in your own home.

Alternatively, The housing related support team can offer advice.

Shared lives(fostering service for vulnerable adults) is another service that may meet your needs.

Top of page

Rate this page