Following the generous donation of £40,000 by the Dewhirst Charitable Trust the East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s Youth & Family Support (YFS) service is able to establish with partners a new Youth Action Board (YAB) to oversee the distribution of funding for positive activities or projects created and developed by young people for young people across the East Riding. All details are contained in the document attached below.
Youth Action Board further information (pdf 221.96kb opens in new window)
Top of page
- Young Person
- Dewhirst Charitable Trust representative
- Police or Health representative
- Business Sector/Employer representative
- Voluntary and Community Sector representative
- YFS representative Top of page
- There is clear evidence of need for the project /activity.
- That the project / activity meets the YAB key purpose and outcomes.
- That young people are clearly leading the application, if there is evidence that young people are not leading the application it will be rejected.
- Applications will not be permitted that benefit an individual young person.
- Applications will not be considered if the proposed activity / outcome is found to be statutory responsibility of a public body or other organisation.
- Funding for a project/ activity will only be awarded once, evidence of sustainability will be required.
- The maximum award is £5,000. Top of page
Having looked at the award criteria above and identified a project or activity that you wish to explore please contact Darron Lawer YFS Community & Partnerships Officer on 07796697940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in your YAB application.Top of page