If you are a young person and want a voice about issues that effect young people then you may be interested in joining your local youth forum.
Top of page
Young people across the county, with the help of our community and partnerships officer are being invited to speak out by getting together to form youth forums in their local areas.
The young people can get together to talk about any issue that affects them. The meetings should be fun but productive. They should meet the needs of the young people and can be formal, such as around a table or they can be informal, such as out on the streets. The young people can involve community representatives to help them with local projects and campaigns.
You can join any one of the Youth Forums that are held across the East Riding by attending a meeting. A staff member of YFS will be in attendance to support the forums so that you can share your views and shape the future.
Please see the attachments below for details of upcoming meetings;
Youth Forum meeting dates 2015 - Bridlington (pdf 462kb opens in new window)
Youth Forum meeting dates 2015 - Goole (pdf 422kb opens in new window)
Youth Forum meeting dates 2015 - Old Goole (pdf 436kb opens in new window)
If you have any questions, please contact the Youth and Family Support service:
Tel: (01482) 392824
Top of page
Following the generous donation of £40,000 by the Dewhirst Charitable Trust the East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s Youth & Family Support (YFS) service is able to establish with partners a new Youth Action Board (YAB) to oversee the distribution of funding for positive activities or projects created and developed by young people for young people across the East Riding. All details are contained in the document attached below.
Youth Action Board further information (pdf 221.96kb opens in new window)
Who is on the Youth Action Board?
- Young Person
- Dewhirst Charitable Trust representative
- Police or Health representative
- Business Sector/Employer representative
- Voluntary and Community Sector representative
- YFS representative
What is the award criteria?
- There is clear evidence of need for the project /activity.
- That the project / activity meets the YAB key purpose and outcomes.
- That young people are clearly leading the application, if there is evidence that young people are not leading the application it will be rejected.
- Applications will not be permitted that benefit an individual young person.
- Applications will not be considered if the proposed activity / outcome is found to be statutory responsibility of a public body or other organisation.
- Funding for a project/ activity will only be awarded once, evidence of sustainability will be required.
- The maximum award is £5,000.
What is the application process?
Having looked at the award criteria above and identified a project or activity that you wish to explore please contact Darron Lawer YFS Community & Partnerships Officer on 07796697940 or email email@example.com for assistance in your YAB application.Top of page