Consumer advice

Where can I find consumer advice?

Citizens Advice consumer service (CAcs) provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues.

Citizens Advice consumer service is a government-funded telephone and online advice service. East Riding of Yorkshire Council works in partnership with CAcs.

By using the Citizens Advice consumer service website you can make an on-line request for help or advice.

Citizens Advice consumer service (external website)

Telephone 03454 04 05 06 for help or advice. Opening hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Offices are closed on Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

Important Information

You can make an appointment to see a trading standards consumer advisor by contacting Citizens Advice consumer service.

Top of page

How do I reduce unwanted sales and marketing telephone calls?

If you don’t want to get any calls from sales and marketing firms you can add your details to a list, run by the Telephone Preference Service.  Once you are registered most unwanted calls should be blocked.

You can register by

  • Calling the Telephone Preference Service registration line on 0845 070 0707
  • Visiting the Telephone Preference Service website
    Telephone Preference Service (external website)
  • Writing to the Telephone Preference Service, DMA House, 70 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8SS.

Top of page

How do I reduce the junk mail I get?

If you want to reduce the amount of unsolicited junk mail you get, you should register with the Mail Preference Service.   

You can register by:

  • Writing to the Mail Preference Service, FREEPOST 29 LON20771, London,    W1E 0ZT

Top of page

Where can I find information about consumer alerts and press releases?

Information about consumer alerts and press releases is provided by the Trading Standards Institute.

Top of pa
Rate this page