Ceremony venues

Where you can hold a civil partnership or wedding ceremony (including your garden at home) and how to licence a venue for ceremonies. 

Where can I hold my ceremony?

You can hold your ceremony in the registration offices at Beverley, Cottingham, Bridlington, Pocklington and Goole. 

There are also other ceremony venues that are licensed in the East Riding.

Ceremony venues

Can I hold my ceremony in my garden at home?

It may be possible to carry out non legal ceremonies in your garden, we would have to visit your chosen site to see whether it would be suitable. There must always be the back up of an indoor space for the ceremony if the weather takes a turn for the worse.

The following pdf document gives advice about arranging a ceremony in the East Riding of Yorkshire:

Private ceremonies (pdf 526kb opens in new window) 

How can I licence my venue for ceremonies?

There is certain criteria that has to be met before a venue can be granted a licence for ceremonies. You can find further information about the licence on the approved premises for ceremonies page.

Last Updated: Wednesday, 04 April 2018